About Work Type
OfficeTimer work types implementation allow project manager and administrator to define separate billing rate and employee rate of every separate work type. Work type is something one level higher classification of time entry.
A typical case for separate billing rate for separate [work type] is
- Employee Billing Rate (Standard): 80 per hour
- Employee Billing Rate (Overtime): 100 per hour
- Employee Billing Rate (Travel): 60 per hour.
Work Type in OfficeTimer:
- The system administrator can define separate billing rate for each separate work type in all types of billing rate definition.
- System Administrator can then enable [Work Type] field using OfficeTimer application preferences.
- Employee/contractor can then select [Work Type] in time entry view.
- OfficeTimer then picks billing rate for selected work typed defined separately in billing rate definition.
Default Work Types in OfficeTimer:
OfficeTimer by defaults come with 3 types of [work types].
How to define separate employee and billing rate for different [work types]:
- In [Employee Own Billing Rate]:
- In [Project based Employee Billing Rate]:
- In [Role based billing rate] case
- In [Task Based Billing Rate] case
How to enable [Work Type] field in Time Entry [Day View] and [Week View]:
- Navigate to [Admin Options]–>[Preferences]
- Click on [Show Work Type In Timesheet] to check this field.
- Click on [update] to update these changes.
Time Entry Day View with [Work Type] field:
Time Entry Week View with [Work Type] field: