When a period ends, users submit their timesheets for approval. The approval process ensures that time is entered correctly for more efficient and accurate analysis.
OfficeTimer automatically submits users’ timesheets to all necessary supervisors, project leaders, and clients based on both the system configuration set up by the administrator and the approval type defined at the project level.
Submit button is only available in Week-View of time entry.
Submit your timesheet for approval:
- Click on [My Timesheet] link in the left-hand side menu.
- Select the [Submit] >button.
- After submit, time entry records will become read-only for users.(Administrator can disable time entry locking after submit by un-checking on preferences option “Lock Submitted Records”).
- After submit, time entry show submit and approval status in the bottom of week view.
Unsubmitting and Reopening Timesheets:
OfficeTimer Administrator can un-submit or un-approve user time entries using [Time Entry Archive] option available in [Admin Options]. Unsubmitting/Unapproving a single record will open whole week of time entry of that particular user. The user can update his time entry by login-in using his own username and password and can update any entry in the whole week. He can then re-submit this whole week for approval.
- Using [Time Entry Archive], an administrator can search records which he wants to change using different filter options available.
- Click on [Edit] on record on which administrator wants to change approval or submitted flag of a time entry.
- Uncheck [Approved] or [Submitted] flag as per your requirements in that time entry row.
- Click on [Update] link for that time entry archive record to update this record. This will remove that same approved or submitted flag in the whole week.
If a supervisor, project leader, or client rejects your timesheet, OfficeTimer will notify you by displaying a rejection notification in your timesheet. You can then review the approval details, correct errors, and resubmit your timesheet for approval.