Expense types are the different categories of expenses. Application administrator can create different expense types according to their organization needs.
Expense Type also allow administrator to define either that expense types require quantity input in expense entry. In case of “Car Mileage” where users are required to enter “Miles/Kilometer” in expense entry, administrator can enable quantity field with its own defined caption in expense type.
System administrator can setup Expense Types [Admin Options] –> [Expense Types]
Adding new Expense type:
To add new expense type:
- Enter expense type in “Expense Type Information” form which you want to add.
- Select Tax Code (Tax codes define different types of tax, that can be applied to the expense codes defined in your system. Administrator can create regional based taxes in order to support tax calculation based on user own region.)
- Check on “Show Quantity” checkbox, if administrator wants input of quantity in expense entry for this particular expense type. Example of quantity field is “Car Mileage” where users are required to enter “Miles/Kilometer” in expense entry
- Enter Quantity Caption in case if this expense type is quantity based.
- Click on [Add] to add this expense type in OfficeTimer system.
Deleting Expense Type:
- In [Expense Type List], click on [Delete] link of record which you want to delete.
- Click on “Yes” on delete confirmation dialog
Editing Expense Type:
- In [Expense Type List], click on [Edit] link of record which you want to modify.
- Update your required modification in [Expense Type Information] form.
- Click on [Update] button to update this record.